1. Please query before sending. Unrequested manuscripts will be returned unread. In your query, tell me your name, something about you and your book and show me some personality, some of your writer's style. We are both writers, take a creative risk. I am very new writer friendly. Don't worry about telling my your resume. Tell me your creative vision. All requested manuscripts will be responded to and given feedback.
2. I accept all genres except erotic/porn. There is plenty of that in the world. I don't have a problem with it, I just don't want to sell it. I look for work that wows me. Even Non fiction can do that.
3. This goes without saying but grammar check first. If your book has tons of typos and misspellings, it tells me that you don't care.
4. Fiction manuscripts should be submitted in the following format:
All submissions should be in standard manuscript format.
- Microsoft Word document
- 1-inch margins
- 0.5-inch indentation at the beginning of each paragraph
- Times New Roman font, 12 point
- Double spaced
- Header on every page containing title, genre, page number, author name and contact information
5. Non fiction manuscripts should be submitted in the following format:
Printed submissions can be sent to the address below.
3568 S Ridge Ave
Concord, N.C. 28025
Your submission must include the following:
- Cover letter containing a brief description of the project and the contents of the package.
- An outline and/or annotated table of contents.
- A description of the intended market as it pertains to the subject matter including an explanation of why someone would want to buy the book.
- Include a list of known competing titles and how yours differs.
- Brief summary of the author's background and credentials in light of the subject matter.
- A full manuscript, if completed.
- In the case of a proposal, at least three sample chapters.
- Submissions must be in English, double-spaced with 1-inch margins in 12-point type.
- Please number the pages and include a table of contents.
- Complete permissions and citations.
- Total word count for the proposed manuscript.
- Your complete daytime contact information including telephone and email.